The workshop Present and possible future(s) of inclusive EdTech and their applications in education and training is planned as a full-day event, consisting of two main parts:
Presentation and discussion of submitted workshop contributions (part I): In the first half of the workshop, current research activities in digitally supported inclusive practices in education and training and respective application of educational technologies (non- and AI-based systems) will be presented and discussed. Especially challenges faced by stakeholders during the Corona pandemic regarding inclusive practices in digitally-enhanced learning and teaching will be addressed. For this part of the workshop, a call for papers will be published, inviting researchers to submit thematically related papers.
Foresight Workshop (part II): In the second half, participants are invited to work on future scenarios for AI-based educational technologies for persons with disabilities within a foresight workshop conceptualized and hosted by the organizers. Based on initially presented results of the KI.ASSIST project and guided by the workshop hosts, participants will then have the opportunity to develop future scenarios for applying educational technologies in vocational education and training of persons with disabilities.
In the case of an online conference due to the given pandemic situation, the workshop format could be easily adapted.
Part I. Morning sessions: What is now – Current research in the field of inclusive EdTech, with a particular focus on challenges and solutions in 2020
- Short introduction
- 1st session: presentation and discussion of accepted contributions (part 1)
- Short break (if applicable with poster session)
- 2nd session: presentation and discussion of accepted contributions (part 2)
- 3rd session: discussion on opportunities and challenges to be addressed in the future
- Wrap up and preview of the afternoon sessions
Part II. Afternoon Sessions: What is next – Foresight workshop on AI-based educational technologies for persons with disabilities in 2030
- Introduction: Presentation of goal and procedure of the workshop
- Getting to know selected examples of educational technologies: presentation of results from monitoring part of the project KI.ASSIST
- Starting point for scenario development: presentation of the most important influencing factors found in project KI.ASSIST
- Narrowing down influencing factors: Discussion and definition of key factors
- Breakout sessions: determination of three to five key factors, development of four plausible alternative projections of the future for each of the factors, and creation of four scenarios
- Short break
- Presentation of alternative projections and developed scenarios
- Voting: Which scenario is most likely and which most desirable in 2030?